This mill is located in the garden of a house, down a short lane in the village of Rhoscefnhir, near Pentraeth. Only the base of the tower remains, roofless and full of vegetation. The Muggeridge photo linked to below shows that, although the walls were a bit higher in 1936, it was an empty shell even then. It is also recorded as such in 1929 by Rex Wailes.
The earliest record is from 1856 when John Jones was listed in Slater's Directory as being the miller. Subsequent millers, Thomas Jones and Robert Williams, were recorded in 1883 and 1889. It is thought that the mill may have burned down in the early 20th century.
See other images of this windmill at:
- Windmill World
- Amlwch History
- Image taken in 1936 from the Donald W. Muggeridge Collection of Mill Photographs, University of Kent, Canterbury
View Windmills of Anglesey in a larger map