It's safe to say that this is the shortest of the ruined windmills on Anglesey. All that is left is the foundation, set in a grassy area in the middle of a housing estate in Rhostrehwfa.
A substantial portion of the tower (also called Cefn Cwmmwd mill) stood here throughout most of the 20th century, and it was given a grade II listing as a building of historical interest. As housing grew up around it the local council became concerned about the condition and safety of the tower. They decided it should be removed rather than repaired, but local residents began a campaign to save it. However, before they could meet the council to press their case the bulldozers were sent in, early in the morning of 5 August 1987, and it was demolished. The subsequent outcry received wide coverage in the local press.
See other images of this windmill at:
- Image taken in 1936, from the Donald W. Muggeridge Collection of Mill Photographs, University of Kent, Canterbury
View Windmills of Anglesey in a larger map